Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill Gathering of the Eggs?

Matt
Matt Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, All --[p]How many folks here are in the Triangle area (or close)? I'm a relative newbie with the Egg and I think I would benefit from getting together with some other Eggers to get drunk...er, I mean cook food. Eggfests in faraway and exotic places (i.e., Omaha) scare me.[p]A small get-together locally could be quite drunken...er, I mean fun.[p]Matt

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Matt,[p] I am about 45 miles north of Raleigh. The Whiz is in Raleigh. There are quite a few of us.[p]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Celtic Wolf,
    Dang it, you have dun outed me and revealed my secret location. Me and Valerie (Plame) are going to have to into hiding together, lol!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Celtic Wolf
    The Naked Whiz,[p] I said you are in Raleigh I didn't tell them you were over by....[p] OK fair is fair.. I am in Kittrell... hehehe
  • Matt
    Celtic Wolf,[p]That's OK. Based on photos from the TNW website and advanced image processing techniques, I expect to be able to triangulate his true position in a matter of days.[p]Matt
  • Not Sirius
    Not Sirius Posts: 32
    Matt,
    I'm also in Raleigh and would look forward to meeting other eggers.[p]Phil

• Bahmanicious
    Bahmanicious Posts: 105
    Matt,
    I'm in Danville, VA. Also relatively new to the Egg. Brought mine home on Friday before memorial day. Did my first low and slow pork butt that Sunday night. Wife says I care more about the Egg than I do her. ;-)[p]I'd love to get together with some other Eggers.
    Best,
    WA[p]

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Celtic Wolf,
    I just always assumed that he lived in a low-rent section 'cause he's always talk'n about his wife drop'n two phones in the "toilet" LOL. Then there's that photo of who I think is him after a really bad night at the honky tonk sit'n naked on the john outside his single wide. Even my neighbors wondered how he could 'ford a BGE, much less a wife with two cell phones.[p]Spring "I Have My Suspicions" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    I'm in Chapel Hill, and got you all beat before we start: I buy my meat from Cliff's Meat Market in Carrboro![p]Bob V
  • Celtic Wolf
    OK On July 7th I am going to be doing a full practice for Greenwood at the Wolf Farm. :)[p]Any of ya'll want to come and eat the practice food email me.. Kittrell is about an hour North of Raleigh up US Rt 1. It's 1.5 hours from Danville. [p]It is a 47 acre farm so there is plenty of room for children. If you feel inclined you can bring a side dish and beverage of your choice.[p]There will be chicken, ribs, pork and brisket coming off the eggs for a practice turn-in between 11:30AM and 1:00PM. [p]Opinions are welcome.
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Celtic Wolf,
    DERN!!! And I'm stuck in CA just when you are going to be giving away food ....oh I forgot, you were giving away food last weekend. BTW, it was Guuud!

• Celtic Wolf
    Spring Chicken,[p] You know he never did invite me into his house when I picked up Miss Penny.. Maybe it was a front..[p] I did see a porta-potty close by though..[p]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Celtic Wolf,
    That's enough to do a full Senate Investigation ROTFLMAO[p]Spring "Elect Me For A Wiener In Every Pot" Chicken

• Bahmanicious
    Bahmanicious Posts: 105
    Celtic Wolf,
    My mom and dad live on the water at Bracey, VA. Remember coming down to Henderson a few years back for Labor Day and buying a half pig at one of the local BBQ places for a weekend party. Name escapes me at the moment. They sent us out with it in two specially designed stainless steel pans. Didn't even charge us a deposit on the hardware. Your area of the state knows how to cook pig. :)[p]I will be checking my calendar tomorrow. Will advise.
    Best,
    WA

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Celtic Wolf,
    I'm gonna be in Jacksonville then..... maybe 3 to 3.5 hours up to you I'd guess. I'm thinking Angela would kill me if I suggested it.....although we could show up notebook in hand to glean some secrets :>)[p]H

• Matt
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Thanks for the very kind invitation. I am quite swamped at work, but would love to make it up. I'll contact you off-list for directions.[p]If I come, I will certainly bring the wife and critters along with a side dish and BEvERages. How many folks do you expect (so I know how much to bring)?[p]Matt
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Matt,
    I'm in Cary and would like to get together with other eggers in the Triangle area. My neighbors are always interested when I fire up one of the eggs (I have a large and small) but, as yet, are still gassers. Maybe a Triangle Eggfest would help promote good outdoor cooking!