Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket done, what to do with point

City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My brisket got to 180, tested it with fork, point was tender but not flat, at 185, fork twisted easy in flat and point. Pulled it off and separated the two. Told the wife I was going to put the point back on for a few more hours and she pointed out the overdone dry brisket attempts from the past. So I wrapped and coolered both pieces. So I am torn as to what to do with the point, leave it in cooler and chop it up later, or return it to the egg, the fork test showed it done. Tasted a slice from where I separated the two pieces. Wow, if it comes out of the cooler like that, I will have achieved my first "succulent" brisket. Thanks for all the tips so far everyone.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    City Slicker,
    I would make burnt ends from the point. I would have put it back into the cooker for a couple of hours, then chopped it, added some sauce, returned it to the cooker for another 1/2 hour or so, and then served on sandwhiches.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz, Thanks for the reply, I think I will refrigerate the point and cook it more later, if that will work. Burnt ends are essentially overdone brisket point and pieces of flat ? Then the sauce gives them juiciness ? I have seen some recipes for them, it was just that the point seemed done already. This is my first brisket with point attached so I don't really know which way to go.

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    I like to cut it up into cubes and make some incredible beef stew.[p]In addition to the usuall potatoes, onions, and carots, I like to add lots of other veggies such as corn, mushrooms, zuccini, peas, okra, or whatever is on hand . . .
  • Avocados,
    good idea, I can taste it now