Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Woosday Hasn't Changed ....

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited 2:16PM in EggHead Forum
DSC02847a.jpg
<p />Well, maybe just a hair. Several times this week, I asked myself "to Egg or not to Egg?". Even when I didn't, I still played with fire and smoke.[p]DSC02856a.jpg[p]Happy Woosday
~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
·

Comments

• eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    hanger29.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    Hangers[p]hanger23.jpg

·
  • thirdeye,[p]One cook last week. I will post again. Steak and Lobster and a happy egg![p]SteakandLobsterPrep.jpg
    SteakandLobsterCooking.jpg
    HappyEgg.jpg[p]

·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,699
    thirdeye,
    Spring Hen's Dutch Oven Pot Roast. Eggcellent![p]JudysDutchOvenPotRoast6-24-07.jpg[p]This is a "MUST DO AGAIN" dish.[p]Spring "Pot Licker" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    BGESmileyMeatloaf001.jpg
    <p />Ref1515,
    Smiley showed up here.

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    2005215329.jpg
    <p />ClayQ,
    have a nice woosday

·
    100_1439.jpg
    <p />Spring Chicken,
    i love egged potroast, this one was a couple weeks back on a fishing trip, just meat and tators

·
  • bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 267
    thirdeye,
    T-Rexed a couple filets Sunday night. A little more done then I like. I think I'm having Thermapen issues.[p]t-rexedfilet.jpg[p]Steve

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    eggsmilie.jpg
    <p />fishlessman,[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,859
    thirdeye,
    Looks like computer work on the mouth.
    No fair cheating...LOL
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    ob1.jpg
    <p />ClayQ,
    Just seeing if I could still post pics. [p]Mike

·
  • duckeggduckegg Posts: 267
    Salad.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    This is a thing my wife makes every day, I believe she calls it a SALAD, that may not be the correct spelling. I think this is a first for the forum.

·
    duckegg,
    whats that green stuff in the lower left corner

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    bb4.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    Sliders.[p]Mike

·
    fishlessman,
    I am not sure what it is called, it is a leaf lettuce of some kind. she claims to get it at grocery stores in what she calls the "Produce" Department. I thought they just sold meat and cheese. That dark green stuff is Mint that grows in our back yard. It goes great with Bourbon.

·
    fishlessman,
    Looks plumb pretty... I'm sure it was great. My Sweetie now wants me to buy a 7-Quart Dutch Oven. Looks like I may need a new Egg devoted entirely to Dutch Oven Cooking LOL... Celtic Wolf could make a career of it.[p]Spring "Celtic Fowl Pullet" Chicken

·
  • duckegg,[p]So, does your wife grill that stuff direct or indirect?[p]Mark
    ·
    Thermal Mass,
    I think she puts it in the Microwave. Not sure

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    salsa3.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,[p]My tomatoes are starting to come off. Time to make some salsa![p]Mike[p]salsa2.jpg[p]salsa4.jpg

·
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    June252007044.jpg
    <p />... pitted about 40 lbs of cherries. And we'll be doing a bunch more tonight.[p]June252007034.jpg[p]Some garden photos.... :~) [p]We've seen more praying mantises this year than any other year. I guess the word has gotten out that we're a mantis refuge.
    June222007005.jpg[p]Mexican sunflower.
    June222007060.jpg[p]Jalepenos ready to pick...
    June222007028.jpg[p]And one of my all time favorite flowers whose name I can't think of at this precise moment in time.
    June252007023.jpg[p]
    Happy WoosDay![p]john

·
    duckegg,
    I call it "bushes."[p]Spring "Tater Salad Is A Full Meal" Chicken

·
  • DHallDHall Posts: 180
    Lawn Ranger,
    Care to share your recipe? I have lots of tomatoes, and bell, banana, jalapeño, cheyenne, and tabasco peppers all close to comin off. Also got a good batch of green onions and a variety of other herbs.

·
    duckegg,
    ive planted mint here in methuen 3 times now, but it just doesnt take in the yard, never comes back. this year i planted some up in maine in several locations so we hope to be in bourbon next year, maybe some samples later this summer.

·
  • Not SiriusNot Sirius Posts: 32
    WooDoggies,
    Some incredible photography. Now I understand why they call it Woosday. But those chilies. You sure they're jalapenos? From the shape I'd guess New Mexico or Anaheim chilies.

·
    Not Sirius,[p]Thanks, Phil. Yes, those are about jalapenos about 3" in size. It could be the closeup and wide angle are combining to distort the image and their shape a bit... but definitely jalapenos... or soon to be ATB's. :~)

·
  • Not SiriusNot Sirius Posts: 32
    WooDoggies,
    At 3", those are some healthy jalapenos!

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Aaaaand you want to move to Sitka someday??? How about we trade for a while - you might change your mind. I am hoping that I might get some flowers to open this week! Forget about tomatoes, cherries or peppers - those come from the grocery store around here! :)
    ·
    100_1430.jpg
    <p />WooDoggies,
    no bees this year, hardly a cherry at all, even the nanking cherry bushes are bare in my yard. stupid daffalilley (tree peony) flowered though. jalepinos are just flowering now, its going to be close. its a nice area you have for growing things, but i dont think i could take the heat, 90's today and tomorrow up here is too hot for me

·
    AlaskanC,[p]Yeah, but the landscape is so awesome where you live and all of the abundance from the sea and access to the sorrounding islands... I remember my time spent around Valdez which has to be one of the most gorgeous places on the planet.
    I hear you, though... I'm not afraid of the cold... it's the twilighty weeks on end that would probably take some getting used to.
    Maybe we can work out a swap of residences for some of the better times of year... who knows! :~)[p]

·
    fishlessman,[p]That's a bummer about the bees... sorry to hear it. It's getting to be a real problem in some areas. I read somewhere that if every bee disappeared today, most of us would starve in three years.[p]I'm with you when it comes to the heat... a perfect day is sunny with a few clouds, 75 degrees and a light breeze.
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,982
    Morning duckegg:[p]I'd say it is what food eats![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·