Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

bananas foster with calvados and berry buckle cake and vanilla ice cream

edited 10:26PM in EggHead Forum
24jun07-007.jpg
<p />i wasn't sure if the calvados would burn like 151.
it does.[p]24jun07-001.jpg[p]24jun07-008.jpg[p]24jun07-012.jpg[p]i hereby declare myself "king of dessert"!

Comments

• BYCBYC Posts: 358
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Good Freakin' Grief!

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Man, you hit below the belt. I'm trying to avoid meds for diabetes, I love berries, any kind almost. Then you post this. LOL
    You got my Vote. Sweet, as in sweet desserts and pics.
    Now, give me a pecan pie.[p]Nice Rick.[p]Mike

• bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 286
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Got my vote too. King of desserts, King of bread and King of Photography!!! Great looking desserts! [p]THANKS RTD...you make incredible food![p]Steve[p]
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Car Wash Mike ,
    I've got your pecan pie buddy.
    pecanonegg.jpg[p]I honestly didn't think it turned out right. Looks ugly as all get out. I followed the recipe my mom says she uses. I don't think there were near enough pecans in it. I need to try this one again.[p]H

• AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Another great cook. AZ

• Buster Dog BBQBuster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Is that first pic a jet engine. My lord. Next time put some marshmallows over it and roast them.

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,709
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]All hail, King of Dessert!
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,904
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    your dome gage may need recaligrating, and your upper gasket may need replacement, but that is beautiful.

• EggvisEggvis Posts: 94
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Holy Crap!! That has to be the best looking dessert I've seen posted. I seriously wish I was eating some at this very moment. Very nice job![p]Paul
  • fishlessman,
    gasket... no problem, mon!
    dome thermometer... read 220 at boiling.[p]this time in order to catch the flambe' on film, i setup the camera on the tripod with the timer and poured in the brandy just as the shutter released. that was a 2.2 second exposure so it caught the most of the flames. after that, it died down to the blue flames as in the other pic.