Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftovers...it had to happen

Options
Janet
Janet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I guess I've gone a bit eggy. Looked in the fridge last night and saw leftover egged beef tenderloin and leftover egg-smoked salmon. Was wanting to do some chicken breasts for dinner, but thought I'd best use up some leftovers. The tenderloin turned into a stir fry with green peppers, garlic, and mushrooms. Tonight the smoked salmon got fixed up into the smoked salmon cakes (from Jim M) in the recipe section --- these were terrific![p]Is it common, in eggdom, to get so enthused that you feel like you've got to fix something spectacular on the egg each and every day?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Janet, yup to the last question, and sadly there is no cure. None...Science is in the dark on this one. Seems this bug comes from our Neanderthal past..if we have one. [p]Once in a while when gnawing on a rib bone, I hear strange howlings, and a fire going, and beady eyes staring at me from the the dark shadows of the forest. And then, then my wiffy ruffles the newpaper or the dog brings me back to reality again. A slow night...sigh!! Good cook on your part too.
    Yep..I have got it too!!
    5 years..and it's even getting better with age.
    C~W[p]

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Janet,
    That's the way I feel. Aboiut 2-3 times a week my wife says it's time to eat the left overs and I feel left out because there's no reason to fire up an Egg. If I could just find a great way to do left overs.
    B D

• Janet
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Maybe we need to put our minds to some sort of Egg leftover cookbook?? Especially those leftover treatments that require firing up the egg!
    Stove-top cooking is so boring now![p]

• Janet
    Options
    C~W,
    I'm curious. After all these years, what does your wife think about egging? Does she use it? Does she like it? Is she jealous?? :-]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Janet, to answer that one, she won't touch it (or them), quit cooking main courses and only make side dishes and she say's "Life is Good". I wonder where she got that idea..:-)
    C~W[p]