Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Rainy Day Project - Table

SaucehogSaucehog Posts: 30
edited 1:23PM in EggHead Forum
<p />When it started raining this morning, I decided to take some old wood leftover from projects & kitchen counter piece leftovers and make a home for the BGE. Here is the final result.[p]It is by no means perfect, but not too bad with stuff laying around the workshop.[p]Rain has cleared and now to prep for some steaks.[p]Saucehog

• Saucehog,[p]I built one almost exactly the same. What is the white colored insert?
  • Buster Dog BBQBuster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Nice job.

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,411
    unless the angle is misleading it appears you have your egg sitting directly on the paver stones. You really ought to still use the 3 ceramic feet besides for sake of air flow. I didn't and my stones soon shattered after they drew moisture and then were in direct contact with the hot egg. It won't happen perhaps today or tomorrow, but trust me it will happen!

Dunlap, IL
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    That is very nice! BTW, is that your bed just to the right of the Egg? You might want to think about it.[p]Nice job!

• SaucehogSaucehog Posts: 30
    Thanks for the tip on using the 3 ceramic pieces in addition to the concrete block.[p]I had moved the dogbeds under the overhang to get them out of the rain. The dogs might sleep there since the know what comes out of the egg.[p]Also, the white piece is actually a leftover piece of corian countertop. From where the sink was cut out.[p]Cheers,