Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rainy Day Project - Table

Options
Saucehog
Saucehog Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
egghome.jpg
<p />When it started raining this morning, I decided to take some old wood leftover from projects & kitchen counter piece leftovers and make a home for the BGE. Here is the final result.[p]It is by no means perfect, but not too bad with stuff laying around the workshop.[p]Rain has cleared and now to prep for some steaks.[p]Saucehog

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Saucehog,[p]I built one almost exactly the same. What is the white colored insert?
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Saucehog,
    Nice job.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Saucehog,
    unless the angle is misleading it appears you have your egg sitting directly on the paver stones. You really ought to still use the 3 ceramic feet besides for sake of air flow. I didn't and my stones soon shattered after they drew moisture and then were in direct contact with the hot egg. It won't happen perhaps today or tomorrow, but trust me it will happen!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Saucehog,
    That is very nice! BTW, is that your bed just to the right of the Egg? You might want to think about it.[p]Nice job!
    Mike

• Saucehog
    Saucehog Posts: 30
    Options
    RRP,
    Thanks for the tip on using the 3 ceramic pieces in addition to the concrete block.[p]I had moved the dogbeds under the overhang to get them out of the rain. The dogs might sleep there since the know what comes out of the egg.[p]Also, the white piece is actually a leftover piece of corian countertop. From where the sink was cut out.[p]Cheers,
    Saucehog