Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Question - Part 2

Options
Flashback Bob
Flashback Bob Posts: 519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK- BJ's was out of brisket yesterday so I went back today and had the guy find some for me "out back".[p]My question is- it is just a brisket flat. Does that cook quicker? [p] I'm thinking of starting it up before I go to work monday Morning and having it finished for supper when I get home. So that would be about 11 hours.[p]Should I try it?

Comments

• Don from NJ
    Options
    Flashback Bob,[p]I just did one from Costco, was 4.10 lbs, put it on 375* @ 10:30 am and took it off @ 11 pm, it was @ 198. This was my test cook, so i didn't care when it was done. [p]The next night i fired up the egg, added some beef broth and put it back on in foil for like 20 mins to warm up, it was perfect..[p]you didn't say what the weight of yours was, but your timing looks about right.. I followed the Elder ward method, except i use some dizzy pig rub