Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A good Side for Baby Backs.....

Greg M
Greg M Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Making a few slabs at work tomorrow for folks who haven't experienced the Egg-Spert skillz. Just need to know what is a good recipe for a side for these. Any and all is appreciated.....[p]Greg

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Greg M,
    Onion pies,Tomato pies or Baked Beans.
    Larry

[ul][li]BBQ Beans[/ul]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Greg M,
    Hard to beat hot buttered roasting ears with baby back ribs IMHO!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Greg M
    YB,[p]When this recipe cals for cans of beans, is it Baked beans, or plain white beans or such?[p]Thanks in advance....

• Greg M
    RRP,[p]Hehehe....not sure if I have the room for them on my medium with 3 racks of ribs....Don't have a grill extender....[p]*Grumbles that he should have bought a large*

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Greg M,
    ABTs are always good. You said you have a medium so not a lot of extra room. You could have them ready to go and cook them right after the ribs or you could if you had to cook them in the oven. I've got a friend that cooked them that way and she said they turned out great.[p]You could also do some fresh sprouts.
    Sproutsyummmmmmm.jpg[p]I bet at least one person has served ribs with tater tots and salad with thousand island dressing too.

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Greg M,[p]Along with beans, a nice fresh, coarse slaw always goes well with BBQ, in my opinion. More on the vinegary side than the mayonaissey side.[p]When I do pulled pork with my dad, he always makes a big batch of fresh slaw, and it's so good that most people end up putting it on their sandwich. Unfortunately I don't have his recipe handy because I have never been able to get him to write it down, but I'm sure you can find some on the web.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Greg M,
    I use Bushes Baked Beans...Sorry I took so long been doing yard work.
    Larry

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    YB,[p]Bush beans are steamed not baked.