Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri-Tip is my new favorite...

GHEggerGHEgger Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Who wants to pay $9.99/lb for flank or even "Flat Iron" (chuck) up here in the Great Northwest?! Tri-Tip cooks better, is more tender, and IMHO has WAAAAAY more flavor. My kids love it, and the Egg is perfect for a quick sear at 600, rest and finish at 350-400. Just wanted to share.[p]Carl, if you reading this, welcome to the addiction. We'll get together when I get back from the Great White North![p]Happy Egging, Everyone!
·

Comments

• GHEggerGHEgger Posts: 37
    Just a quick note/follow-up:[p]Thank you SO MUCH to everyone on this forum. I've been "lurking" here ever since I bought my egg last year, and the education has been amazing! LawnRanger, Stike, Nature, Max, Bobby, Molly, SpringChix, AlaskaC, and everyone else I might have missed, you folks are GOOD PEOPLE. I am grateful, and I hope to attend my first EggFest sometime soon!
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    GHEgger,
    I heartily recommend the Eggfests, you will discover that the folks here are actually nicer in person. -RP

·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,597
    GHEgger,
    My favorite too! If I don't make it with slivers of garlic stuck in stab marks all over it, I'm always sorry. So I will always use the garlic. And DP Red-Eye Express rub is perfect. Ready in 20-25 minutes, too.

Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • GHEgger,
    I'm another PacNW "Lurker" and also really appreciate everything I've learned here. Perhaps we can get a quorum to get our own eggfest up the Seattle area?

·