Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri-Tip is my new favorite...

GHEggerGHEgger Posts: 37
edited 9:54AM in EggHead Forum
Who wants to pay $9.99/lb for flank or even "Flat Iron" (chuck) up here in the Great Northwest?! Tri-Tip cooks better, is more tender, and IMHO has WAAAAAY more flavor. My kids love it, and the Egg is perfect for a quick sear at 600, rest and finish at 350-400. Just wanted to share.[p]Carl, if you reading this, welcome to the addiction. We'll get together when I get back from the Great White North![p]Happy Egging, Everyone!
·

Comments

• GHEggerGHEgger Posts: 37
    Just a quick note/follow-up:[p]Thank you SO MUCH to everyone on this forum. I've been "lurking" here ever since I bought my egg last year, and the education has been amazing! LawnRanger, Stike, Nature, Max, Bobby, Molly, SpringChix, AlaskaC, and everyone else I might have missed, you folks are GOOD PEOPLE. I am grateful, and I hope to attend my first EggFest sometime soon!
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    GHEgger,
    I heartily recommend the Eggfests, you will discover that the folks here are actually nicer in person. -RP

·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,615
    GHEgger,
    My favorite too! If I don't make it with slivers of garlic stuck in stab marks all over it, I'm always sorry. So I will always use the garlic. And DP Red-Eye Express rub is perfect. Ready in 20-25 minutes, too.

Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • GHEgger,
    I'm another PacNW "Lurker" and also really appreciate everything I've learned here. Perhaps we can get a quorum to get our own eggfest up the Seattle area?

·