Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad pizza dough day.

Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Must be a heat and humidity thing.Had to do two batches before the dough was right.First batch was dry and crumbley and spritzed the dough and it got to wet and it had to much moisture content and because it had mixed way past the ten minute window I chucked it .Second time around it came out ok.Looks like I have to check out a scale to weigh the flour.Any thoughts on a scale that is dependable in the zero to one pound range?

Comments

• Darnoc,
    Don'y know what the 10 min. window means, but you will in time get the feel for the dough w/o relying on measurements. One thing to remember, I think, is that dough will have an initial "set up" just as pancake batter gets thicker a few minutes after mixing. Let this happen with the dough on the very wet side, then add small amount of flour to desired consistency.