Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

assembly of big egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had to replace the top of my big egg since it fell off and broke. Does anyone have the assembly instructions--[p]Thank you,[p]Rob

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Rob Genuario,
    This might help.
    Larry

[ul][li]Egg Parts[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Rob Genuario, Note on your bands that there is a rivet. It should be in the front behind the handle. There is also a recess in the dome where this rivet has to seat. Make sure that they line up when you set the dome down on the base. As you tighten the bolds to secure the bands recheck that they are aligned. If you have some high temperature silicon, now is the time to place it on the inside of the band before putting in the bolt..BGE says to apply it all the way around..up to you. When all is in place, tighten the bolt to the point of hard resistance. Recheck the bolt vor a few weeks to take up any slack that might occur.
    Best I can do for ya...
    C~W[p]

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    What is all this talk of silicon between the band and the top? I bought my egg preassembled and there is no silicon. Should there have been? Or is this an improvement that owners have come up with to help hold the lid in the band?[p]Thank!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, if your purchase has been in stock for a while, probably no silicon..and yes to the last question..this was a method of trying to overcome the band slip problem by BGE..I believe a former employee, Chad DeMeyer came up with that, along with the colored handle extensions.
    They claimed they could hold a dome in place with just the back half of the band(s) attached, with no bolts...I don't know if they did a time test on that one or not..:-)
    C~W[p]