Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

spatchcock chickens

edited 10:06AM in EggHead Forum
I want to do several italian spatchcocked chickens...direct, indirect, raised, seasonings, cooking temp etc.....thanks,

Comments

• Ottawa_eggerOttawa_egger Posts: 236
    I do mine direct at 350-400 on a raised grid, skin-side up, for 45-60 mins. Sometimes I put a DP rub on and under the skin, other times I put nothing on and then near the end of the cook I peel most of the skin off and apply BBQ sauce to the bird.[p]I don't usually add smoke chips as chicken readily absorbs smoke and the charcoal smoke is sufficient for me, although occasionally I'll add a small chunk of wood.[p]Good luck.[p]Cory
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    nodock,
    Did two lastnight in a large. Raided grid @ 350 deg gave 178 deg in the breast in 67 minutes. Chickens weighed 3.7 lbs each.

• WoogerooWoogeroo Posts: 43
    nodock,[p]I cook mine direct, usually on a rack set on top of the grill, mainly for ease in getting it off the grill when it is done. [p]-W
    [ul][li]spatchcock chicken cooking pics[/ul]