Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajita Vegies?????

Options
Rick G
Rick G Posts: 185
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be cooking up some Carne Asada this weekend. I've got the flap meat marinating now. My question is...whats the best way to grill up some veggies for the meal?? Should I marinate them as well or just put some evoo on them??

Comments

• crkscrw
    crkscrw Posts: 59
    Options
    Rick G,[p]marinate in lime juice, along cumin, chili powder, and a little oil, then grill
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rick G,
    I did some last weekend. Took a small aluminum cake pan and put mushrooms, green pepper and onions in it. They cooked at 300 degrees for roughly 10 minutes. They cooked in their own juices and turned out nicely. Used hickory chips that I soaked and the fajitas came out better than our local restaurant with the smoke flavor. Good eats!

• Unknown
    Options
    Rick G,
    Cook them in the pan you cook the Fajitas in. Sometimes the best fajitas are cooked in a hot skillet.

• Unknown
    Options
    crkscrw,
    I use a cheapo iron skillet and cook the steak to rare, then slice and throw in with onions, peppers, sea salt and pepper for the last part. It's a huge hit.