Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE owner

Options
BD
BD Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone... I'm a new owner and very excited. I have a friend here in Medford Oregon that has one. I think I am the second owner in Medford. I am going to need a lot of advice and input to create the culinary delights that I know this wonderful piece of equipment is capable of producing. I am going to fire him up this afternoon for a maiden voyage. Just a simple little pork tenderloin affair. I hope to hear from some of you experts.
Signed: BD with a new BGE

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    BD, Congrats and welcome. I've been here a little over a year and my favorites are babyback ribs, whole beef tenderloins, and beef jerky. Everybody here is friendly and ready to help.[p]CWM

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    BD,
    Welcome new owner, I'm fairly new also about 4 months. Try the link below for a great Pork Tenderloin recipe.
    B D

[ul][li]Pork Tenderloin[/ul]
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    BD,
    Welcome to the forum. We are here to help. I am the old geezer of the forum, been here since day one and an EGG owner for over 23 years.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    BD,[p]Congradulations on your purchase. I've been egging for two years now and love it. This is the place to get help! [p]Smokey

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    BD,
    Welcome and congratulations! I've only been Egging for a couple of months, but I'll tell you it's addictive. My favorite is whatever I happen to be cooking at the time: brisket, ribs, pork butt, fish, pizza... Check the recipe section for some really good eats!
    BS

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    BD,
    Welcome. I like Pulled Pork and Baked Beans. We are here to help.
    Fireball

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    BD,[p]I talked with a guy last Christmas who told me if I liked to grill I had to have an egg. I bought one right away. Unfortunately, I was unable to use it where I was living. Well, I am moving next weekend and I too will be a brand new egg user!! I am really eggcited about it, too!![p]Also, I guess I should call mine the BBE, as its a Big Blue Egg and not Green! Guess it was made after the Florida Gators color. Its kinda neat![p]Gonna run and will look forward to this forum in the many months to come!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• BillB
    BillB Posts: 26
    Options
    BD,
    You won't be sorry. Grilled chicken thighs tonight and they were a lot juicer and better flavor than from my Ducane.

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    JJ,hey, you told me it was 22 years, not 23, quit bumpin up your senority will ya.....anyway I can help ya JJ, just gimme a shout ...K?[p]Mop!

• Mañana Mike
    Options
    BD,
    Congratulations BD. You are now officially in the BGE family. I wish everyone could have seen your party to assemble Humpty. Believe me folks, it had all the makings of a major assembly plant. Lots of Grey Goose Vodka to lubricate the parts.[p]As a fellow Medfordite and Egger, I hope (and know) you will get as much pleasure from this family as I have.[p]Here's to good friends[p]Mañana Mike

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Mop,
    Got the Clay version for Fathers day in 1978.

• Unknown
    Options
    BD, Hi BD, and another welcome to the forum group..Been a bit slow here the last week..lots of folks off on vacations.
    Post whatever needs that you have..Happy cookin!!
    C~W[p]

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    JJ, ok, ok, your off the hook,.....this time!!!!![p]Mop!