Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Butt temp going down ?

City SlickerCity Slicker Posts: 95
edited 11:19AM in EggHead Forum
My first butt, 8.4 lbs, put on last night at 10.30, was 240 dome at midnight and 250 at 4AM and 260 at 7 AM. Internal was 145 at 7 AM, it climbed steadily to 199, and has sat there for a few hours. But now it has dropped to 198, with the egg holding steady at 250ish. Being as this is the first one I have done, is this to be expected ? I thought it was getting done a bit fast and was happy to see it level out at 199, advice please :)

Comments

• City Slicker,[p]Sounds done to me. I'd take it off.
  • Suck Creek Wings,
    It looks done, off it comes. Thanks.

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,870
    City Slicker,[p]If it reached and held at 199, its ready for the cooler rest. The fact that its dropped a bit may reflect the coals needing a bit of a stir.[p]gdenby
  • Suck Creek Wings,
    Yup, falling apart tender as I removed it from the grill, resting for 30 min then the wife is home for lunch. Going to pull it and eat it then. Yay !