Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butt temp going down ?

City SlickerCity Slicker Posts: 95
edited 7:13AM in EggHead Forum
My first butt, 8.4 lbs, put on last night at 10.30, was 240 dome at midnight and 250 at 4AM and 260 at 7 AM. Internal was 145 at 7 AM, it climbed steadily to 199, and has sat there for a few hours. But now it has dropped to 198, with the egg holding steady at 250ish. Being as this is the first one I have done, is this to be expected ? I thought it was getting done a bit fast and was happy to see it level out at 199, advice please :)

Comments

• City Slicker,[p]Sounds done to me. I'd take it off.
  • Suck Creek Wings,
    It looks done, off it comes. Thanks.

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,623
    City Slicker,[p]If it reached and held at 199, its ready for the cooler rest. The fact that its dropped a bit may reflect the coals needing a bit of a stir.[p]gdenby
  • Suck Creek Wings,
    Yup, falling apart tender as I removed it from the grill, resting for 30 min then the wife is home for lunch. Going to pull it and eat it then. Yay !