Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can You Cook Enough Food On a Mini For 12 People???

Options
Jackbythesea
Jackbythesea Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to a picnic on Sunday with 11 other people. Any suggestions on what I could make to feed them on a Mini- Egg?
Thanks,
Jack

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    jackbythesea,
    scallops wrapped in bacon, stuffed shrooms...
    might have to do a couple batches even.[p]if you did enough of each 'course' so that everyone had one of something, you could do three courses maybe of apps. that way everyone gets a taste of each without waiting... but you may be out of luck if you are trying to FEED them, as in, all at once, and a substantial meal.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 224
    Options
    jackbythesea,[p]I live for justifications like this to upsize! Go for it, man![p]TD
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning jackbythesea:[p]Just last week I did 10 brats on the mini all at one time. They covered the grid, but you could probably do 12 and just move them around to get even browning. Or do in two batches of six to eight as they don't take all that long to cook.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    minicook.jpg
    <p />jackbythesea,
    There is 27 chicken wing drumetts on the two grids on the mini or you can do shrimp it's a fast cook.Good luck.
    Larry

• Jackbythesea
    Jackbythesea Posts: 102
    Options
    Tony,
    I have a small and a large. Just don't feel like dragging one of them 30 miles from my house on Sunday so I'm taking the mini.
    Thanks,
    JR

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BGERibsmimibutt5_06003.jpg
    <p />jackbythesea,
    Here's a mini pork butt, took 10 hours and two loads of lump with indirect setup.
    Ok, ok.
    I like the thought of pre-marinated jumbo shrimp grilled 6 at a time, three per person, then tossed on a salad. Everybody loves shrimp. Then grill up a few fully cooked brats. Slice and serve with toothpicks. Nibble food.

• YB
    Options
    ClayQ,
    You have some great ideas with the shrimp and brats.You could also cook 4-2" thick pork chops and slice then serve on tooth picks.
    Larry

[ul][li]Chops on thr Mini[/ul]
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    YB,
    Those look super Larry. Out at the lake on vacation and grilling up monster chops. Beautiful![p]I just completed my table for the large egg, now thinking about a table for the mini. First I gotta clean the wood shop, I'm ankle deep in sawdust, he he.
    Clay

• YB
    Options
    ClayQ,
    I would like to see a picture of your new table.I made a table for one of my mini eggs out of a old typewriter stand and Corian.The other I bought at Sam's.
    Larry