Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcocked Chicken - current totals

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
sp1.jpg
<p />Regarding the rumor that all chickens are so different that not even good restaurants can cook consistently good chicken, I just cooked spatchcocked chickens number 5 and 6. All 6 have been consistent: Incredible. It brings tears to my eyes how juicy, tender and tasty every one of these 6 chickens has been. CharWoody may have to break away from his birthday party long enough to console me as I sob for joy at how good these chickens have been. I tell you, if you haven't tried spatchcocking a chicken, you are really missing out on something wonderful.[p]TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Slim
    Slim Posts: 44
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, how do you do it? also any brines or rubs? time and temps? thank you

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    slim,[p]I posted the recipe in the new recipes section and it is on my website:

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, your right...and it didn't take old CW long to get weaned from Kentucky Fried Chicken which up to the time I started eggin, was my favorite.
    Spatchcocked chicken is not much different than chicken parts in separate conditions, done at 400F (or even higher) temps using a raised grill setup doing them indirect. Very juicy, supreme crispy skin, and fall of the bone..Whoooo...love em. BGE is a excellent chicken machine.
    Cheers.
    C~W[p]