Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time for fresh sweet corn

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Though I live in Illinois and though I've been egging for over a year I have never tried fresh sweet corn on Mr Egg...however tomorrow is baby back ribs day, sooooo have corn will try...but how long at a rib cooking temp of say 225 to 240 and how do you know it's done at those temps? Thanks in advance.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    RRP,
    At those temps, you can leave on for an hour or so.
    Peel back the husks, get rid of silk, wash, rub with lots of butter, salt and pepper and then pull the husks back up. Then put on the grill. It'll be great!

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    RRP,
    I`m sure you have already done the cook..but the way I like to do corn is one I read somewhere else that said if the corn is fresh as in picked in the last day or 2 just throw it on the grill, if it was bought in the grocery store, throw the whole thing in the sink full of water for 30-60 minutes and then throw it on the grill at the temps you mentioned an hour would probably be about right as Shelby mentioned..and the recipe said to remove it and place in a paper bag for approx 10 mins...I removed mine and wrapped in foil for 10 mins..after that you can peel them very easily and all the silk comes right off..don`t get much easier than that..just my $.02[p]Wess