Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help with JJ's Rub!

Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Making JJ's rub and it has 2 ingredients I don't have; bay leaves and ground savory.[p]Any thoughts on some tasty replacements?[p]Thanks as always, Frank

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Franco, Ground Savory is plentiful in most spice racks in the stores..and I run my dried bay leaves thru the electric spice blender along with some of the ingredients.
    If salt is no problem..add salt to your taste to the mix..I think I add about 2 teaspoon to the posted recipe..not sure. It' ad lib on that one..:-)
    JJ always suggests to modify it to your desires..Good stuff. Had it on my boston butt last week.
    C~W[p]

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    Char-Woody,
    I'd offer the suggestion of a couple of table spoons of Italian Seasoning. MMM good is good, good for you, good for me!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Huck, JJ's rub is like a good set of house plans..One can always change the entry doors or windows..
    Custom fit to taste and viola...a new sensation is born..!
    Thats what I like about it. I think I added some extra garlic salt to mine last time.. I should jot em down each time to remember..shame on me..:-)
    C~W