Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First ribeyes on the egg. This time, only on the egg.

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have to admit, the first time I used the egg I had some ribeyes ready to go and chickened out. I didn't want to burn the gasket. I didn't want to experiece a flashback. And I was just a little intimidated by this chunk of ceramic. So I lit the Weber and seared them on that and put them on the Egg to finish. They were good, but nothing better than I could have done on the Weber by itself. Of course I always thought my steaks on the Weber were just fine. [p]Today I was going to TRex them though. Or at least a variation of that. I had a slightly used small load of lump from 3 pizzas last week, so I just used what was there. For the first time I had trouble getting the temp up. I am sure it was smallish load of charcoal and probably a few clogged holes. I got it to 600F and decided that was good enough. I threw the 20oz ribeyes, sprinkled with a little 'Raising the Steaks' on for a quick minute, minute and a half sear. Then pulled them and dropped the temp back to 390 and finished them.[p]Now like I said, I always thought I cooked good steaks. But these just blew everyone away. I honestly do not know that I have ever had a better steak. I'm not bragging, it was all the Egg! My mom made a comment that it was better than one of the uppity places that she always speaks so highly of. [p]The Egg seemed a little intimidating when I first used it. I was afraid of messing the food up. Plain and simple, it's hard to mess up with an Egg. While you may not yet be one with the Egg, it's pretty hard to screw up. And me, I worried about burning the gasket. Well, I burned it a little last week, so I'm so over that :)

Comments