Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

28 hours in the making; all plated up... HFD!

TonyTony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the brisket lacked the smoke ring I was hoping for, but it was quite tender and tasty, none-the-less. The ribs were spot on, although not quite contest winning material. In all, not to shabby for the first big outing on my new Egg; I had a blast doing it, and it was quite entertaining for the family! Happy Father's Day to all...[p]Big_Green_BBQ_IMG_0655_2007.jpg

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Tony,
    looks great...[p]i know all the 'science'behind the smoke ring, but honestly, the racks of babybacks i did saturday had virtually none,. go figger. hahaha[p]and don't worry about your cook not being perfect. you probably always will think your cooks could "be better". no one else will though.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • TonyTony Posts: 224
    stike,
    Thanks, and me thinks you're right; the family thought it was wonderful... nothing but compliments. But then, it is father's day; would they have dare criticized it, knowing how much time was put in by dear old dad? lol...[p]TD

Tony,
    tell you right now, you will cook so much, and get so used to it, that any tiny thing that doesn't turn out 'perfect', you'll be apologising for.[p]i put chicken in front of our friends. they are gourmet foodies, and i was apologizing for it because it didn't turn out as expected. my wife told me that when they had us over a few weeks later, her friend (the wife) confided that they were "a little nervous and intimidated" because it had been the best chicken they'd ever had. i had to laugh.[p]my wife always says, jus shuddup and enjoy it, it's good.[p]

• TonyTony Posts: 224
    Big_Green_BBQ_IMG_0650_2007.jpg
    <p />stike,
    Now that you've "verbalized" it; it occurred to me that this happens to me all of the time, already. I suppose I am just more picky than most people when it comes to the food I have cooked. But when we eat other places, I am happy as a lark, usually. Go figure...[p]Here's the pan of sliced brisket flat bathing in it's subtle, complimentary sauce... even though no smoke ring, it was pretty danged good![p]TD[p]

Tony,
    i see smoke ring in there, btw. you are too hard on yerself!