Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small or Mini????

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am considering adding a smaller EGG to use alongside my LARGE. Which would be the best bet, the small or mini?[p]Thanks

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    T-Bone,[p]The small is probably a better choice, but production of the mini may be stopped (and its great for travel ... fits in a fanny pack)!![p]Smokey

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    T-Bone, I had the large and my wife went out and bought me the Mini (bless her heart)amd I opted to return it for the small. I don't regret it as I think it is a little more versatile than the mini. The small wouldn't travel that hard if that's an option you are looking at but what the hey get one now and then the other later, you'll enjoy them both I'm sure.
    Painter

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smokey, the small is my choice also if around the house. My mini is my traveling companion....gosh, I would starve with out it..:-)
    Whats the medical terminology..first requirement for life support is the BGE, then water, and then stuff for the BGE's! :-)
    I think...not sure..!!
    C~W[p]

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]maybe the answer is to get BOTH ... you just to be on the safe side![p]Smokey

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    T-Bone,
    I have a large and a small. If I was to do it again it might be a large and a medium, but not a mini.
    The small fits with ease in my trunk with plenty of room to spare.
    B D

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smokey, did that! Now cloaked in security..:-)
    C~W

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Smokey,
    Must be one heck of a fanny pack!

• flajoker
    flajoker Posts: 52
    Options
    T-Bone,Don't know how I would live without my mini. If you or cooking for 1 or 2 it is great, travels well, and you can get 4 to 6 months out of a bag of lump. Use it for (2)steaks, (3) hamburgers,(8) hot dogs,(2) pork chops, etc. Haven't tried any slow type cooking... to much fun heating to 700deg. and throwing on the steaks.