Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Pulled Pork

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked a 15lb. shoulder last night and have a LOT left over....I want to reheat the pork for tonight, what is the best way to do it without druing the meat out?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    AUParker,
    how many pounds do you have left and do you want to reheat it all tonight and consume it all tonight as well? And it is in a pulled state -right?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RRP,[p]Probably 3-4 pounds....all pulled, and we will more likely than not eat it all tonight...
  • RRP
    Options
    AUParker,
    this will sound strange but it works and is an old trick. Take at least 2.5 pounds of it or as much as you'll eat tonight and place it in a crock pot and add 1 12oz can of CocaCola - not pepsi and not diet Coke nor any flavored Coke either - just the real stuff. Mix it in and occassionally as you warm the meat back up. There will be no after taste, no sweetness - just great pulled pork. If you have any picky eaters it's best not to share this secret! But trust me it works!

• RRP
    Options
    Jupiter Jim,
    I wouldn't do it and don't see the need. The Coke masks that horrible taste (IMO anyway) when cold meats are warmed over such as pulled pork and pulled beef.