Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Our first butt is in the Smoke Zone!!

edited 11:17PM in EggHead Forum
It's official at 10 P.M. June 16 2007 our first butt is in the egg with the adjustibal rig, (thanks tjv) Indrect with the pizza stone.
Temp holding nice at 220. Thanks for all the help today from everyone who replyed to my question. I will be up a lot tonight and will up date as needed.
PS I know don't OPEN the Egg!!!!!
PSS Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there.
Jim

·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook,[p]Happy Father's Day to you too.[p]Good luck with that pork. I'm sure it will be better than you expect.
    ·
  • Fidel,
    Thanks and I have 5 wonderful children between Kay and I.
    Jim

·
  • Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook,
    Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there.
    It's just after 8:00 our butt's are at 179 and the dome is at 250 and only 10 hours. I was only up 3 times last night adjusted the vent one time as the dome temp was down to 200 next time I checked temp right back to 225 - 230.
    When it hit 200 I'm going to wrap in foil and let it sit in a cooler for one hour and then pull. Will that be ok?
    I just love the Egg.
    Jim

·
  • EddieMacEddieMac Posts: 423
    You're on the right track and all is well. Butts are difficult to mess up and you'll be eating well. Don't stress too much about temps. You can run your dome temp at 250 - 285 when doing butts with no problem whatsoever. Enjoy![p]Ed McLean....just up the road a piece in Ft. Pierce

·
  • eddiemac,
    Thanks for the support, I'm very relaxed and having a great time, this is just so cool. I will let ya know how it turns out. I gotta learn how to post pictures.
    Jim

·
  • Jupiter Jim,
    Is your butt ready yet. I just seperated my brisket and put the point back on for some burnt ends.

·
  • Capt Ron,
    Yes it hit 200 at 1:00 and we KayNOcook did help, got it in the cooler at 1:30 and will let it sit till dinner time. Took 15 hours and we had a few samples and it was delish.
    Where did you get a packer? I have looked and not found any.
    Now I got some cubanelle peppers stuffed like ABT's and wrapped in bacon.
    Jim

·