Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome Thermometer Woes

Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted a question several days ago regarding my 3 month old, plastic covered dome thermometer and it's amazing ability to increase my cooking temp by 200* (sorry, on my laptop which doesn't have a numeric keypad to do the degree thingie) with a touch of the hand.[p]Several of you said troop on down to your dealer, raise hell and ask for a replacement, possibly going so far as to call BGE. After re-reading the warranty I didn't hold out much hope of getting a free replacement. (Come on BGE, I understand not warranting a life time thermometer but give us a couple of months....)[p]I'm pleased to say that I went by my dealer today, said "Watch this." and went from zero to 200* in a second. He motioned me over to an Egg, removed the new glass topped 'meter, handed it to me and said, "Have fun." Thank you Coleman Appliance! You da man![p]Kelly Keefe
Jefferson City, MO[p]PS is $98 for a mini a good price? Tempted, but unsure....

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Kelly Keefe, :-)
    Glad all went well for you..We need more dealers like that representing BGE..and I hope that dealer gets a fistfull to hand out, just in case from BGE. :-)
    C~W

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Kelly Keefe, $98 is a fair price. Not the lowest I've ever seen but certainly not the highest. Minis are fun. Buy it. The you too will do things like crank up the mini for a single hamburger for lunch.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Kelly Keefe,
    Depending on what the Mini comes with it is a good price. $120 seems to be the going rate for a mini.
    If you do get a mini, make sure that you also buy a slide/daisy wheel for the small. Also, it seems that the mini does not come with feet, but it should and get them if you can. You can also use the nest for the Chimenna as a stand for the mini.[p]By the way, you can smoke a whole rack of ribs in the mini.[p]Get the mini,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Kelly Keefe,
    Sounds good, I paid $130 plus $50 shipping from BGE, also had the pizza stone ($24 more) included. Would have been $50 without the stone but they included it as well.
    Happy Q'n.
    New Bob