Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Millazzo Moon Rock - Quality Alert

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
lump6.jpg
<p />I posted another example of a Millazzo Moon Rock a few weeks ago (http://www.tm52.com/bge/lump4.jpg)but this one is better as it clearly shows wood grain in front and glue, varnish or the plastic bag it was in has carbonized around the tiny scrap of charcoal. I have sent another email to the Millazzo company who will ignore me again. Anybody care to try - here is the info. Their new website has not beedn opened yet, but they have the address on a bag I bought 4-5 months ago. They might be hiding!! I wonder if they answer the phone?[p] Administrative Contact, Billing Contact: www.qikjoe.com
Milazzo, Joseph (JM15660) qikjoe@AOL.COM
Milazzo Industries
1609 River Road
Pittston,, PA 18640
717-654-2433
Record created on 28-Mar-1998
The bag has a 570 area code so it might have changed to that. After 3 years you would think their website would have made it up to the Internet. [p]Tim[p][p][p]
(Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
Milazzo, Joseph (JM15660) qikjoe@AOL.COM
Milazzo Industries
1609 River Road
Pittston,, PA 18640
717-654-2433)

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    Tim M,[p] I went to the Pittston Chamber of Commerce site and found the following:[p]MILAZZO'S INDUSTRIES
    Coal, Fertilizer, Charcoal
    1609 RIVER RD
    PORT BLANCHARD, PA 18640-1399
    Phone: (570)654-2433 [p]Maybe they got some fertilizer or ice-melting pellets mixed in with your charcoal![p]MikeO

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Put that puppy on eBay. Ask for an opening bid of at least $10 hehehe[p]K

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Tim M,[p]After work one day I caught the end of a Montel show or Morey, not sure which. They were talking to people who had come into a LOT of money, like lottery winners etc, and asking how it changed their life. One guy had a convenience type store and he had a rock to prop open the door on nice days. His son was studying moon rocks in school and came home to tell his dad that rock he had holding his door open looked strangely like a meteorite that they were studying in school. Not sure of the chain of events after that but the rock DID turn out to be a meteorite and its with NASA now I think and they paid him an ungodly amount of money for it.[p]This rock looks EXACTLY like that meteorite, you may have something there, hehehe. Probably not but it still looks like a moon rock anyway. Have a great one...[p]Troy
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Tim M,[p]I think that worth some big money!! Save it, maybe call NASA or a local museum![p]Smokey

• Unknown
    Options
    sprinter, man-oh-man this could be just like Cracker-Jacks...you know a surprise lump of gawd knows what in every sack!
    I'm finishing up on the third sack of Milazzo that I ordered together from True Value - and I have been screening the pallet and flooring parts closely. I have a new source from "Chicago Charcoal" that is reasonably priced at 10.99 that I hope will be ok and not Chi-town demolition debris!

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Tim M,
    That piece,upon close examination,is a board slowly turning to COAL!! as you know coal under pressure makes DIAMONDS!!! So as quickly as you can,lay something heavy,like a concrete block, on it and low and behold in a few million years you'll be RICH!!! You'll be the first (I think) COALEGG millionair who started with a lump:-)) Bob