Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tooting my horn

Buster Dog BBQBuster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited 6:51PM in EggHead Forum
Buster Dog BBQ came in second in pork out of 29 teams in State Center, IA this weekend. We did pulled pork. Wish us luck. Next week we go against 72 teams in Marshalltown. That's going to be a very tough contest. Glad to have one under my belt.
·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    Wasn't this your first? SWEET![p]Mike

·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p]Awesome job. You must be proud.[p]Good luck in the next one!
    ·
  • Buster Dog BBQBuster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Kind of. We did a non sanctioned one in April. Did 2nd in sausage and pork loin there out of 11 teams.
    ·
    Fidel,[p]thanks.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,399
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p]CONGRATS.[p]One thing I have learned about this competition thing...is to enjoy the "HIGHS", it helps you endure the "LOWS".[p]Nice job,
    -Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • eggfooteggfoot Posts: 138
    Buster Dog BBQ, Way to go, bring some of that prize winning butt with you to the Omaha fest. Good luck next weekend.

·
    eggfoot,
    thanks. Will do. Plenty of leftovers. Better vacuum pack it.

·
  • Buster Dog BBQ,
    Congrats on 2nd place and good luck next comp.
    KayNocook is from Davenport IA and would like to know if it was Iowa pork that you cooked?
    After I read your post she wanted to know if it was Iowa Beef!!! She is a blond and they think Iowa has the best Beef.
    I told her it was pork. Her reply was a quick was it Iowa Pork?
    Jim

·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p] Great Job, especially for a first. We'll see you at the Jack soon.[p]
    ·
    Jupiter Jim,[p]I actually bought all of it at Sam's Club, in Iowa. So..yes. Yes it was. LOL. The ribs said Farmland on the back and the brisket was IBP so most of it was local I guess. [p]Thanks.
    ·
    Celtic Wolf,
    Wouldnt that be sweet. I havew two more qualifiers for it. MIght have to recruit you for the chicken.

·