Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just roll the dice..

Options
Newbs
Newbs Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I guess its always a bit of a craps shoot when you try to time a pork butt cook. Last time, I did two 9lb butts. Put them on my large at 9pm.
22 hours later, one was done and the other took a further two hours to reach 200F. Was in a minor panic because I had 22 people waiting patiently for dinner and they'd been waiting for about 2 hours. It was after 7pm when I finally got the first one served up.
Didn't want to make that same mistake this time. Put it on nice and early...4pm. Same temps, same sized butts. Same preparation method.
Same, same, same. NOPE! Just under 12 hours into the cook...my alarm went off letting me know that we'd reached 200F. Yes. 3:30am. Problem...I'm at work. Wasn't expecting these babies to reach temp until a couple hours after I get home. Wife had to go out and bring the pork in off the grill, wrap it up in foil and towels and put it in the cooler. I'd better stop off for flowers on the way home. Wish me luck. LOL![p]John

Comments