Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gettin' the hang of this ...

Options
Rob H
Rob H Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I was a newbie just a month ago, but after a few weekends I'm getting this thing under control. I did my second set of baby backs today. I pulled the membranes off, rubbed on Everglades and Accent seasoning, threw them in the fridge overnight. Today, set the egg to just under 250, put on the hickory chips, and let them go for 3 hours. Cooked direct and turned them over in the rib rack every 45 minutes. Mmmmmm... they were great. [p]Just wanted to say thanks for all of the good info that's on this board. It's ever so....inspiring. Of course, I realize that practice makes perfect. I suppose that I'll have to go out back and practice some more...darn!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Rob H,
    Yeeeee Ha!! Glad to hear of your success.
    Newbie status doesn't last long when you have the best cooking device as well as the best source of information and inspiration right here!![p]Everyone you know is gonna be wonderin' when Rob is gonna cook again.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Rob H, you've got it! Especially what you said about the pursuit of perfection. Everytime I think I got something down to perfection,, someone tells of something a little different,, I try it,, and DANG IT! It's always another avenue leading to the intersection of perfection. I keep getting scolded because everytime I change something up a little, after tasting the results, I always seem to say "man,, that was the best (whatever type of mammal) I have ever put in my mouth". I can't help it. I try not to say it,,, it just blurts out.. Just a month under your belt eahh? Your next few months are going to blow your tastebuds away.. YAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    I don't know if you have noticed, naked cooking guy,,,,,,, but I have backed off the yeeeeee Haaaaaa's. I used to use it a lot, you know,,,, being from the south,,, mating calls,, etc.,, but since coming to the forum, I feel that you do it better and you were here first. I have decided to use another of my old favorites "yaahhhhoooooooooo!". I may occasionally forget myself and inadvertently utter the old "war cry", but if I do,, please remember, that old habits die hard. AND LET'S HEAR IT,,,, YAAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    Battle cries are a personal decision!! Yeeeee Ha is not original, though it is my battle cry of choice. I use a "heeeee" and a "cheers" and a "yabadabadooo" and a "Yompin Yiminee" here and there, even though those are C~W's cries of choice. [p]That is what is cool. Not only do we pick up new cooking techniques, but battle cries as well!![p]What about a WaaaaaaHooooooooooWaaaahhh!![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Nature Boy, I like that one too. Can I quote you on that? WaaaaaaHoooooooooWaaaahhh!! Oh,, that felt good.