Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

leg of lamb

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know if the archives searching function is working; I searched for 'lamb' and retured no results.[p]Anyway, I'm going to start using my new Egg with a leg-of-lamb. Why? Becasue I have one thawed in the fridge! I was going to oven-roast, but why? :)[p]I did see the one recipe for leg - with the balsamic maranaide - but was wondering if anyone else has a good receipe? And remember, I'm new, so spell everything out.[p]Thanks!

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Timothy Reaves,
    This is JJ's recipe,it's really good.

[ul][li]JJ's Leg of Lamb[/ul]
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl Posts: 18
    Options
    Tim,
    I've done a couple legs of lamb on my small BGE.... one was boneless and tied, and the other was bone-in. I just seasoned both like I would have for the oven.... salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary. Roasted low 'n slow -- around 250-300 degrees. Be sure to use a probe to avoild overcooking (the WORST thing in the world in my book!)[p]Am sure it will turn out delish! (what time should we all arrive ... heeee heeee)

• Carolina Pirate
    Options
    Timothy Reaves,[p]Here's a receipe I've had good success with. I got it from the show 'Good Eats' on Food Network.[p]1 sirloin end leg of lamb, boned, and trussed [p]Paste:
    4 cloves garlic
    8 fresh mint leaves
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    2 teaspoons black pepper
    5 tablespoons strong mustard, such as Dijon
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary[p]Roughly chop the garlic cloves in the food processor. Add the mint and repeat. Add the brown sugar, salt, pepper, mustard, and oil and blend to a paste. Spread the paste evenly on the meat side of the roast. Roll the leg into a roast shape and tie with cotton butcher’s twine. Fire 2 quarts (1 chimney’s worth) of charcoal (natural chunk is best). When charcoal is lightly covered with gray ash, split the coals into 2 piles and move them to the far sides of the cooker. Close the lid and allow the grate to heat. Then, place the lamb, skin side up, on the middle of the hot grate. Add the rosemary sprigs to the charcoal briquettes and close the lid and grill. After 20 minutes, flip the roast and rotate it 180 degrees. Insert the probe thermometer into the roast and continue to grill until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the roast at 135 degrees. Remove the butcher’s twine from the roast. Cover with foil and rest it for 15 minutes before serving.[p]

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Timothy Reaves,
    I found the problem. Here's the link without any hickupsI hope!
    B D

[ul][li]Leg of Lamb[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Big Daddy,[p]Got the link, thanks!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Big Daddy, glad you located the hiccup..and a nice recipe to boot..How about your cut and pasting that to the BGE recipe submitted recipe section. Nice to have multi choices there..Thanks..
    C~W
    BTW..if I can get my wiffy past duck, leg o lamb is next.
    :-)[p]

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    It's been submitted to the recipe section.
    The cut is leg of lamb. Usually found with the bone in.
    It's great, give it try.
    B D