Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lazy Mans Cook (Pics)

RonboRonbo Posts: 90
edited 2:14PM in EggHead Forum
So I decided to simulate work today...I mean work from home today. Well at about noon when I woke up from my morning nap....errr I mean when I looked up from the presentation I was putting together I knew it was time to figure out what to make for dinner on the egg. So in keeping with my lazy theme of the day. I decided on Beef Short Ribs. Oh not just any beef short ribs. I am talking lazy lazy short ribs. You see, it is easy to forget just how easy the egg really is. Perfect for the sort of day I was having. Lit the egg, decided hooking the guru up was to much work, cracked the bottom vent about a nickle's width, daisy open, threw on the short ribs and went back to sleep...I mean work. Checked it 5 hours later and decided it needed more lo and slo. Came back 2 hours later and perfecto[p]IMG_0551.jpg[p]IMG_0555.jpg
·

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 698
    Ronbo,
    You spent 7+ hours cooking 4 LITTLE pieces of meat and a starch! Perhaps if you had gone to real work the charcoal would have served a bigger and better purpose this weekend. LOL

·
  • Richard,[p]I dunno, I'd like to see the before pictures. Sometimes ribs like that will pull up and help themselves right off the bone.[p]~thirdeye~

·
  • Ronbo,[p]I think I'M doing the lazy man's cook tonight. Was at the store at 5:30pm. REALLY wanted ribs for dinner. Have to go to bed before properly egged ribs would be done. So I'm embarrassed to admit it but I picked up two packs of those pre-cooked, pre-sauced ribs. [p]Todd
    ·
    thideye,
    Yea! But you live in the real dinasour bone country, so perhaps your perspective is out of perspective!

·
  • RonboRonbo Posts: 90
    thirdeye,
    yeah they were pretty big when I started. Plus the theme was lazy so instead of having to do dishes I just ate everything straight off the grill. I had already had 2 before I took the picture.

·
    Richard,
    Shoot at around 250 degrees it barely even used any lump

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC01274.jpg
    <p />Richard,[p]Well, you're right again. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
    Ronbo,
    I like to do them 250F indirect about 5 hours and for sweet flavor spritz after 3 hours with some orange juice, BBQ sauce and water: equal parts every 30 minutes or so.

·
    Richard,
    That sounds good!!!

·