Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

time and temp for thick cut bone-in pork chops

Options
Scott
Scott Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can someone help me with dome temp and how long for thick cut bone-in pork chops?

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    scott,[p] 350 direct or indirect. I like them indirect lots of pepper. Never really timed them I just keep turning them every 10-15 minutes and cook till 145.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scott,
    Just did one last night. 350 Direct turned on 4 sides it was so thick and it took about 35 mins. It was so moist and
    good it's almost better than a NY strip. We had a wine and mushroom finishing sauce to pour over the chop and some blue cheese crumbles and Wow!!!![p]Good luck

• Bryan
    Bryan Posts: 53
    Options
    scott,
    Did some two nights ago. Put them in a pan with oil and cooked on the egg for 10 minutes each side at 350. Took them out of the pan and seared for 3 minutes each side. Internal temp 148. YUM

• Poorboy
    Poorboy Posts: 4
    Options
    scott,
    I usually get the temp up to about 450. Put the chops on 10 min. a side. Stick the prob in and shut the air off, let them sit until internal temp is about 150. I use Patties seasoning (its the best for pork chops). I have not had any complaints. Most everyone says they are the best they have ever had.
    Makes my chest stick out and my head swell as I accept there complements.[p]Bob