Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers day Dinner

Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The conversation went something like this;
What do you want for dinner Sunday?
I don't really care just get something I can cook on the egg.
No, you are not supposed to cook for fathers day.
It would be better food and I don't mind.
I still don't want you to cook it.
One of you could try the egg.
Yea, right.
Don't know if I won or lost. Anyone else having a similar delima?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Rusty Rooster,
    if he wants to cook, let him, its his day and he probably enjoys it.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    fishlessman,
    sounds more like mom telling dad not to cook.[p]i'd say, "i like to cook. buy me a nice >insert your favorite food here<, and i'll cook it up for all of us"[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Danthx
    Danthx Posts: 14
    Rusty Rooster, have the same sort of delima. My two Sons want to take me out to a steak house. I told them I could TRex them some nice ribeye's. Their answer was similar, we don't want you to cook on Father's Day..but I love to cook and who could be better to cook for than Sons or Daughters. Oh well see what happens. Happy Fathers Day to all...

• Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Rusty Rooster, after 37 wonderful years one compromises. I'm cooking the veal chops on the egg. My bride will do all the sides and dessert inside. Therefore, my beer and I will be outside nd coming in to watch Oakmont devour some players.

• SpokaneMan
    SpokaneMan Posts: 77
    We had the same conversation, but my wife immediately agreed to let me cook. For me, it's more fun than going out and the food is exactly the way I want it.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Rusty Rooster,[p]Did you have my living room bugged? Sounds exactly like the conversation I had with the wife last night.[p]I still haven't decided what will be on the BGE come Sunday.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Rusty Rooster,[p]No dilemma here. My son is getting married Saturday at Callaway Gardens and I get to fish & play golf + I do have a wedding I have to go to but it is okay. She is a great gal he is marrying and I will cook next week on the BGE when we return.[p]Happy Father's Day!!!![p]Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 224
    Rusty Rooster,
    At my house, I get to make all the rules on Father's Day. ; ) A couple of years ago, I spent it brewing 20 gallons of beer in two batches; a Porter and a Golden Ale...[p]Here's one way around it, maybe; put something large and thick on Saturday, low and slow. Then, just pull it off on Sunday to serve it. That shouldn't really count as "cooking on Father's Day", should it? My family is looking forward to the first brisket done in the Egg... and so am I!

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    stike,
    Not to hijack a thread here (well actually it is), but I never seen a final answer to the "stike" handle delima.[p]I see that someone recommended Dr. Pepper which I thought was pretty good idea - that way when you and Dr BBQ get into another tiff here on the forum it would be on equal ground - I mean, you both being doctors and such.[p]So what's it going to be?

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    BurntRaw,
    the sentamentalists seem to have won out.
    probably just "stike" after all that. easier to type. plus, i'm not fooling anyone with a new name.[p]i think Dr.BBQ is a real doc too. I ain't goin toe to toe with a board certified dude.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Rusty Rooster,
    No such problem here, at least not until Mother's day rolls around again. But I usually win that one with "you buy the wine--really, really good wine." I cook beef tenderloin or something else indulgent and go easy on the sides.[p]Good luck.[p]Joyce