Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Starting to get concerned (i knows, i know)

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, a 5.5ish pound boneless butt went on at 11 o'clock today. I tossed in some soaked cherry chunks just before I put the butt on. I left for about three hours and didn't witness the smoking.[p]normal_IMG_2171.jpg[p]When I came back, I just had to peek. I haven't done it since, I promise. Looking at the photo and remembering what I saw when I looked in, the cherry wood was sitting on top, unconsumed. So does that mean I haven't gotten any flavor? Is that a concern?[p]normal_IMG_2172.jpg[p]I also noted that it didn't have any "bark" like some of the other photos. Maybe that's just because of the bacon? I've had a helluva time keeping the temp stabilized. [p]The meat is sitting at 172 now after about eight and a half hours. Maverick/Grid says the temp is 234-240 most of the time but has been going up as far as 267.[p]At this point, does it matter?

Comments