Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin for Sunday 5pm Dinner Suggestions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking Beef Loin Butt Tenderloin for tommorrows dinner along with Cat's Baby Back Ribs and Onion Pie. Dinner time 5pm. [p]Any suggestions for how to prepare and cook the beef tenderloin. Is it in the same slow cook range as the ribs or should I use the second egg.[p]Thanks in advance
John

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    View?u=1386188&a=10352463&p=49918265
    <p />John P, I beleive the forum favorite is drunk and dirty tenderloin. I prefer to spice up the tenderloin and seal in a bag overnight. Then fire the egg up to 700 degree range, roll the tenderloin around on the grate (be carefull) searing in the juices. Shut the egg down to 350 and let set untill desired internal temp is achieved.
    Cooking salmon and tenderloin Sunday myself.[p]CWM

• Unknown
    Options
    John P,
    I did a 7lb. tenderloin direct at 375°-400°, turning frequently for even searing. It was a guess, but I pulled it after 35 minutes and let rest for 15 minutes, covered with foil. It was juicy and had a pink center. I would cook for 25 - 30 minutes next time, as I like a more medium rare filet. I think the frequent turning, dome opening, made for a longer cook. There are other methods but this might give you a ballpark idea of time and temp. for a direct cook.