Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fajitas (Pics)

RonboRonbo Posts: 90
edited 2:53AM in EggHead Forum
I love fajitas. Swung by the mothership today but they were out of Cast Iron grids for the large. Stopped off at a dealer on the way back home and he had one so seasoned it and broke it in with fajitas[p]Fajitas1.jpg[p]
Fajitas2.jpg[p]Oh Darn there are leftovers...now I have to take them to work tomorrow[p]
Fajitas3.jpg

·

Comments

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,332
    Ronbo, dang I now what's for dinner tomorrow night. We have a Mexican grocery store couple blocks from the house. They have great fajita seasoned meat and chicken, not to mention all the fixings. thanks for the idea. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Ronbo,[p]Oh yeah....I love fajitas. That's about the doneness I prefer too. If you play with that grain direction a bit you can get some really tender slices. I sometimes do against the grain and on the bias.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • RonboRonbo Posts: 90
    thirdeye,
    Thanks for the tip. Ah man...Now I am going to have to make them again this week try against the grain out :-)

·
    DSC02691a.jpg
    <p />Ronbo,[p]We had tacos and some of fishlessman's poblano rellenos tonight. See the Hey~fishlessman post below for the recipe. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·
    thirdeye,
    Now were talking. Those look fantastic! I will try them this weekend

·
    tjv,
    Sent you an email

·
    Hehehe
    Heated the leftovers up and then took the long way back to my office so that the smell would drive everyone crazy...It worked! 3 people have already stopped by to see what I am eating. I still have 2 more to go...Amazing what brings me joy these days

·
  • JM3JM3 Posts: 272
    thirdeye,[p]I got to say you are hurting my feelings since I gave fishlessman the recipe for the stuffed poblanos after I made them. Got them from Steve Raichlen's BBQU and since I love poblanos I just had to make them. [p]:-)[p]Sure miss my egg. She is in storage while I wait for my house in Tampa to sell. The small is with the family at the in-laws so I get to see it on weekends.[p]John
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    JM3,
    i dont know why my write up dissapeared from the archives after all these years, it gave you credit for bringing the recipe to the forum, but now its gone. when i went looking for it, the only place i found the recipe was in chets recipe section, and probably since i made them so many times he assumed i first posted it.

·
    JM3,[p]Oops....Well, I try to give credit where it is due. To be honest I didn't realize that Raichlen was in the equation either until I went to the new link for the recipe yesterday. I'll make the corrections in my recipe file.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Ronbo,
    What was the cut of meat and marinade used, if you can share??

·
  • JM3JM3 Posts: 272
    fishlessman,[p]Not really complaining. The board has such a constantly evolving membership that it really doesn't matter.[p]What matters is that we make some awesome food :-)[p]John
    ·