Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any suggestions on a good side dish with steaks?

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My son is off to camp tomorrow and has requested steaks for dinner tonight? As always we're having salad with blue cheese dressing, but I'm wanting to add a good easy side dish. Any thoughts?[p]Thanks as always, Frank

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Franco,[p]You can't go wrong with baked potatos (regular or yams) or corn on the cob. Both are easy on the egg and don't take attention to some great steaks.[p]Smokey

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Franco, I recently found a new product from Kraft Foods in the dressings dept. and its great several ways. I think its primary purpose is a salad dressing and I note you like blue cheese. This is called Parmason and Ramano dressing. It is excellent with celery, and I tried it with baked potato with a drench of Ghee, and topped with the Kraft Parmasan and Ramano...Superb..IMHO. Try it sometime.
    Cheers..
    C~W[p]

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Franco, pretty hard to beat butter drenched asparagas spears.
    I`m drooling thinking about it...[p]
    Mop!

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    Franco,
    Little late for the suggestion, but the wife and I love sauted onions and mushrooms with just a dash of Lea & Perrins. Not exactly a side dish, but a perfect accompaniment. (Nothing like a bite of steak with onions & mushrooms)

• Unknown
    Options
    Kelly Keefe, you have great tastes for a Irishman..:-)
    They also make a fine Guiness Beer..
    C~W[p]

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Franco,
    Too late for this cook, but file this one away for later use. This is GREAT with steaks or lamb. Note: I've served this recipe to people who claim to HATE spinach....they have ALL cleaned their plates.[p]Take one bag of fresh "ready to eat" baby spinach, wash it, and drop it in boiling water for about a minute. Drain, run cold water over it to stop the cooking. Squeeze all the water you possibly can out of it. Chop. (You can do all this hours before you eat.....refrigerate until ready to finish.)[p]Melt about 1.5 to 2T butter in a skillet, add chopped spinach and saute about 5 minutes to heat and evaporate more moisture. Here's the key: add about 1/3 cup of Demi Glace (veal stock....you can buy it in concentrated form in gourmet shops.....it looks like chocolate in the container, and you add it to boiling water to make the stock), a little sea salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes. Serves 4. You will not believe how good this is.