Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenderloin recommendations

Options
cbs
cbs Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I usually do raspberry chipotle, and I'm looking for a new way. Any suggestions. The easier the better for tonight's limited prep time.[p]And while I'm at it, still pull them at 135 and let them rest, correct?

Comments

• bsfd806
    bsfd806 Posts: 24
    Options
    cbs,
    My Favorite way is to just put salt, pepper, and garlic powder on them and cook to desired doneness. I then rub just a little bbq sauce of choice, and let it set.[p]

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    cbs,
    I mix Wishbone Italian dressing and soy sauce, 50/50, in a ziplock with the tenderloins. Put them in the fridge for a couple hours then grill direct. 135-145 will work fine. -RP

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    cbs,
    A little olive oil, then a lemon-pepper mix if you have it. You can let those flavors soak in as long as you like--even just for egg warm-up time, but the longer the better.[p]I like the Italian dressing/soy marinade as well.[p]Some folks will say 135 is fine. It's a little low for me. I pull when the middle is 145. Still very juicy.[p]Pork tenderloin for me tonight, too. Haven't decided how I'm going to prep it yet. I might just cook the chicken instead and prep the pork t-loin for a cook tomorrow.[p]Happy grilling.

• The Cougar Guy
    Options
    cbs,[p]I like to marinate the tenderloins in EVOO, soy, garlic, ginger (powder in a pinch) and black pepper for several hours to overnight. I like cherry wood for smoke. Cook to 140-145.[p]Eric
  • Conundrum
    Conundrum Posts: 65
    Options
    cbs,
    I tried a 24 hour marinate in 3 parts molasses and 1 part dijon mustard - it was great - a definate do again.