Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pork tenderloin recommendations

cbscbs Posts: 99
edited 1:31PM in EggHead Forum
I usually do raspberry chipotle, and I'm looking for a new way. Any suggestions. The easier the better for tonight's limited prep time.[p]And while I'm at it, still pull them at 135 and let them rest, correct?
·

Comments

• bsfd806bsfd806 Posts: 24
    cbs,
    My Favorite way is to just put salt, pepper, and garlic powder on them and cook to desired doneness. I then rub just a little bbq sauce of choice, and let it set.[p]

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    cbs,
    I mix Wishbone Italian dressing and soy sauce, 50/50, in a ziplock with the tenderloins. Put them in the fridge for a couple hours then grill direct. 135-145 will work fine. -RP

·
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
    cbs,
    A little olive oil, then a lemon-pepper mix if you have it. You can let those flavors soak in as long as you like--even just for egg warm-up time, but the longer the better.[p]I like the Italian dressing/soy marinade as well.[p]Some folks will say 135 is fine. It's a little low for me. I pull when the middle is 145. Still very juicy.[p]Pork tenderloin for me tonight, too. Haven't decided how I'm going to prep it yet. I might just cook the chicken instead and prep the pork t-loin for a cook tomorrow.[p]Happy grilling.

·
  • cbs,[p]I like to marinate the tenderloins in EVOO, soy, garlic, ginger (powder in a pinch) and black pepper for several hours to overnight. I like cherry wood for smoke. Cook to 140-145.[p]Eric
    ·
  • ConundrumConundrum Posts: 65
    cbs,
    I tried a 24 hour marinate in 3 parts molasses and 1 part dijon mustard - it was great - a definate do again.

·