Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Help a newbie with 2 inch chops!

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have four pork loin chops that are about 2 inches thick. What temp and how long do I cook them? Direct? Indirect? They are in a sticky marinade.[p]THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Comments

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Kelly,
    Definitely do them indirect as they are probably in some sugar based marinade, as direct would probably burn them.. I'd go 350° till 145° internal and let rest for 5 minutes. Probably around 40 minutes or so depending if you put them on at room temp or right out of the fridge. Check with temp probe after 30 minutes to make sure you don't over cook.
    Bob

• Like Painter said, I think the best service you can do for thick cuts of meat is to let them come to room temperature first. Otherwise you get a burnt outside and undercooked inside.