Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tooting my own whistle..

Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited 5:18AM in EggHead Forum
Somebody has too..[p]85 in Tryon, NC - teams not degrees.. The temp was 100+ degs.[p]Some of the toughest teams in the country I didn't expect to place. [p]9th in Pork goes to Celtic Spirit BBQ.. "Wow, Oh my.. Really!!... Dayum" [p]See I really can cook pork.. :)[p]Celtic '$100.00 richer" Wolf[p]

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Celtic Wolf,
    Cograts to ya. I'm sure those competitions are a humbling experience. Tom

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Celtic Wolf,
    Way to go Pete...Was stike helping you cook.LOL
    Larry

• BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Congrats![p]Ya-hooooo![p]~ Best Wishes![p]~ B

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,246
    Celtic Wolf,
    I already knew you could cook so I'm gonna blame it on unfair judging LOL. There's always next time. But it's gotta make you feel good in a group that size.[p]Congratulations...[p]Spring "Right Now I've Got Second Place Locked In Here At The Chicken Ranch" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Wow! congrats. Well done!!![p]Must have been tough in that heat.[p]Good luck on the next one too. Just don't come down to GA in October, I don't want to compete against you.
  • Buster Dog BBQBuster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Celtic Wolf,[p]You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post here after seeing the results. Congrats. I have a comp like that in two weeks with several top midwest teams.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Waytago man.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,818
    Celtic Wolf,
    9th out of 85 ain't too shabby, Pete! Congrats. Besides winning $100 I'll bet you sweated a real pounds off the hard way or did the brews offset that?

L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    RRP,[p] Only brew I drank was what was left of a gallon of Iced Tea..[p] I sure did sweat a bunch..[p]
  • BeachbumBeachbum Posts: 61
    Celtic Wolf,
    Way to go!!! Congrats on the placement![p]Lisa

• Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Celtic Wolf,
    Way to go Pete!!!!
    Rich

• Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,568
    Celtic Wolf,
    9th place? You're 1st place in my book! You da man!!!!
    Congratulations on your win. I'd be willing to bet that $100 didn't make a dent in what it cost you to go and have so much fun, even if it was without us "chickens" there to aggravate you. How about saving that recipe and cook it in Atlana so we can taste it?

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,971
    Celtic Wolf,
    Your the MAN! Way to go. I choose to live my life vicariously through the pain of other, more experienced Egg Chefs! Thanks!

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Celtic Wolf,
    Great job Pete! -RP

• EddieMacEddieMac Posts: 423
    Suh-Weeeet!! Did us all proud....Great job, Dude![p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Spring Hen,[p] Now you know the reason I am considering just framing the check :)[p] If they will allow me to start cooking on Friday night I would like to do that. If not, maybe I'll just bring me and my comp trailer to the 2008 Texasfest. I'll just cook the fest like it is a competition.
  • Celtic Wolf,
    Nothing like hyperying your own horn. [p]Mike

• ombaomba Posts: 241
    Celtic Wolf,
    Congratulations, sensei.[p]Sincerely,
    Humble Grasshopper

• RebReb Posts: 74
    Celtic Wolf,
    From someone who will most likely never compete and envies those who do.... CONGRATS!

• Celtic Wolf,
    Way to go, Peter! [p]Brett

• PoppasamPoppasam Posts: 440
    Celtic Wolf,Congrats to you Sir. Any walk in that crowd is good. Good to finally meet you and I'm sure we'll see you on down the road.[p]Good Eggin' to You,
    Poppasam