Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

started the fire... no going back!!

Options
smokn gramma g
smokn gramma g Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
7 lb butt going on soon! fire is started.! Did as Richard said... dense charcoal on the bottom... pain as it was, I removed all the Maple leaf and started with Namibian on the bottom and put all the light maple on top. Hope it works![p][p]

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    smokn gramma g,[p]How you smoking honey??

• smokn gramma g
    Options
    Richard,
    going good...I think! my internal is reading 156, and dome temp for some reason has jumped to almost 295 since 4 am.
    I think I need a nap and some prozac! I dont think I will be doing pulled pork again any time soon![p]Gayle

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    smokn gramma g,
    buy that guru...you will sleep better...man is that thing sweet. I have only used it once, but I know it is there when I need it. I keep it in a plano gun case as RRP suggested and it is stored away w/the rest of my unNECESSARY toys. now pull that pork...and go take a nap[p]I got mine for my birthday for myself so I could bypass the guilt factor[p]tell us how the pork is[p]Jan

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    smokn gramma g,[p]Hang in there. You won't believe how good the results are. I tried a few 4 pound butt pieces. The results compared to a whole butt or picnic are really inferior. The wait and care are well worth the results.[p]I wonder if the temp increase is due to the Namibian lump getting going? I've read that the acacia lump from Namibia burns the hottest. [p]good luck
    gdenby

• smokn gramma g
    Options
    gdenby,
    actually, I think one of my chunks of ash I had on the side caught. I am now down to 250, but think I hit the plataue(?)I have been at 157 for almost 2 hours!
    I actually could not get this fire under 250! Could that be the namimbian? I usually don't have a problem with my regular lump I use!