Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chimnea

Sailor61
Sailor61 Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large BGE and love it. With father's day fast approaching I'm considering a chimnea for my father - was wondering what folks think of the BGE version? [p]Can't find any dimensions/weight for it - have checked various brochures, with the local dealer (who admits never having handled one) and the website. Note to Atlanta; kind of tough to buy something when you can't get any info on it...........[p]From pics I've seen - and the fact that I came across on someone else's website that it uses the same grill as a mini - I'm concerned that it is a bit on the small side.[p]Thanks for any feedback.[p]Tom

Comments

• Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Sailor61,[p]Many people here have the chimnea. I have one. It is our first chimnea. We use it in the wintertime. The one problem we have had is the length of the material that you burn. That said, it looks really nice, we have burned sticks, small logs, wood chunks, and lump in her. We have not burned any pressed logs in it. We have not cooked on it nor do we plan to. I don't want to introduce grease into the chemnia. It looks great on my patio with my large. We believe it looks better than any other chemnia we have seen. Good Luck.
  • Sailor61
    Sailor61 Posts: 13
    why1504,
    thanks for the info - can you tell me what the dimensions are? overall ht and width of the base. Also, do you have it on the stand or on the ceramic feet?[p]thanks[p]Tom

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Sailor61,
    Here is a picture of my BGE chimnea...I have mine in a nest for a large egg and I like it being raised and having wheels so I can move it when I want to.I have had mine for about 4 years and really like it.
    Larry

[ul][li]BGE Chimnea[/ul]