Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kifeforum chicken - Thanks Hillard

Options
UnConundrum
UnConundrum Posts: 536
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some of you may be aware that I'm active at the kitchen knife forum. About two weeks ago we had a "gathering" at my place to play with knives and food. Our own Hillard was kind enough to join us and help me a bit with the prep. Did a 23# chuck roll with DP Red Eye Express which always turns out great :)
IMG_6688.JPG?imgmax=144[p]and then Hillard and Curtis (a chef from California) decided to collaborate on a chicken dish. Hillard took some grapes, mixed them with DP, and stuffed them under the skin of a chicken, rubbing some zatar onto the chicken skin. He then smoked it with some pecan, and
Curtis made a great sauce with grapes. You can find the full recipe and some pictures by following this link to www.RecipesOnRails.com It really turned out wonderful...[p]565-grape-chicken.png?1181261323[p]If you're interested in pictures of the gathering, including some of Hillard and a lot of knives, you can find them HERE

Comments