Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Keeping Temp. New egghead

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to handle the egg if during the smoke the metal grate at the bottom of the fire box gets clogged with ash? I ask because i was learning to control temp at 225 and after 4 hours the temp dropped and while investigating this drop in temp i opened the ash door and looked up into the fire box and noticed i had half the metal grate at the fire box cloged with ash and the other half was free and clear. please help eggheads.
thanks, Anthony

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Anthony,
    Lawn Ranger makes a wiggle rod for that job. For now bend a steel coat hangar and access through lower vent and clear holes in grate.
    Bob

[ul][li]Wiggle Rod[/ul]
  • Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    Anthony,[p]Welcome! I'm a n00b myself. I received some advice from one of the fine folks here to make sure that my grate was installed so that the side where the holes are flat (as opposed to concave) is up. It's less likely to clog that way. It does seem to have made a differnence.[p]If all else fails, it's an opportunity to eggcessorize![p]Good Luck,
    Braddog