Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the 4th in maine

Options
Spike
Spike Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=1478189&a=11140664&p=51348040
<p />happy 4th of july to everyone. i hope everyone's dinner was as good as this one in the pic.

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    spike,
    By Gawd, you fellas Down East eat pretty well don'cha?
    Looks good!
    Where in MAine are you?[p]Carey

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Options
    spike,
    Happy 4th to you too from a fellow Mainer (Sweden).
    Egged lamb for the 4th!
    Janet

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    spike, I had some wonderful pulled pork, but I'm not quite sure it was as good as that pic. Boy, does thatlook good.

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    spike,
    Ok I will ask, being from the fourth coast (Michigan) and we don't have lobster in the great lakes. What is in the foil pan and what is on the grill beside it? It looks great. I wish I was there to enjoy it. Thanks.
    Fireball

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    spike,
    That's an excellent, yet cruel, picture. Cruel in the sense I don't have access to lobsters like you!
    Guessing some kind of stuffed shrimp in the foil pan. Shrimp, I got.

• Spike
    Options
    Fireball,
    Yes its jumbo shrimp w/seafood stuffing in the foiled pan. Also did some chicken tenders marinated in roasted pepper italian dressing. Also crusty rolls. It was good!

• Spike
    Options
    Sundown,
    I'm located in southern Maine on the New Hampshire/Maine border. And yea we do eat pretty good here.

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    spike,[p]What are your times and temps for the lobster? Also, can you post a step-by-step on how you prepped Mr. Lobster? [p]That does look good.

• Spike
    Options
    char buddy,
    To prepare lobsters, first insert knife between the head & body to sever the spinal cord. Turn lobster over on its back. Cut lenghtwise down the underside almost to the back of the shell. Flatten lobster & remove stomach, black vein, roe, & green matter (by the way I hated to do this because when you stem a lobster the green tomalley really taste good). Wash lobster & pat dry. Crack large claws. Prepare marinade in small bowl & brush onto lobsters.
    Marinade -- (4 lobsters) 1/2 c. olive oil, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, s&p to taste.
    The egg temp was around 350, direct cooking, my cooking grid was level w/the egg place lobster, meat side down first for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn over and cook about the same 6 to 8 min. more. You could put stuffing in the middle of them but we didn't because we had the baked stuffed shrimp. Enjoy!!