Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here goes!!!

Mañana Mike
Mañana Mike Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK,[p]I've read, & read,& &read, & studied you guys & hoped & prayed, & worked very hard to earn the confidence of Humpty. His Eggness thinks I am ready for the big leap. It is 8:00 PM here in Oregon & I have vacuumed Humpty, I have seperated the charcoal into big, medium, & little. I have stocked the firebox. I have marinated the chunk-O-chest. I have followed Nature Boys directions to a "T". I have a 6.26 Lb. piece of beef & it is now or never. 15 Hours or so from now we will know if I have earned the right to call myself an overnite cooker. If there is a God he will smile on my feeble attempt & maybe, just maybe the folks who show up here tomarrow for their 4th of JUly Brisket will leave with a smile on their face. [p]Boy, I hope this works!!![p]Mañana
Miguel

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Mañana Mike, well here's hoping all goes well. Here in Atlanta, it is raining. I started my Boston Butt about 4 hours ago and an hour into my temp dropped from 220 to 160 when the skies opened up. I made me a breathing raincap from a two pound coffee can with 16 1/2" holes drilled into it. I put that over my daisy wheel, opened the bottom vent back up and I now have it back up to 250 (and trying to get it back down to a steady 220 before I go to bed). It's still raining but it appears to be going fine now. Hope your cook proves as good.

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Mañana Mike,
    Come on Mike, give us an update. I am sure things are ok, but would like to hear about it. All you have to do, is have a look at the temp & tell us whats happening.
    The suspense is killing us.[p]Earl