Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken rubbed with mayo - lost the recipe

Options
Steeler Fan
Steeler Fan Posts: 395
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a recipe for this. I think somebody mentioned duke's as the only mayo to use. I'm assuming this is fairly simple rub it on, add some DP and smoke it. Little help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Steeler Fan,
    I was told to rub real mayo all over a turkey and put inside a brown paper bag. Smoke at 250 until done at 165/175. I have not done it yet but was told once you do it this way you won't ever do one another way. I'm sure it will work with chicken. Good luck, Tom

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    BajaTom,
    Not to be confused with a smart*ss or nuthin' but how do you smoke something if it is in a paper bag? Do you mean just cook it at a low temp? Thanks!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    thinking the same thing...[p]i bet the bag would taste WONDERFUL

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I don't think they told me to close the bag. I'm not sure why use a brown paper bag but this was the recipe given to me by someone that cooks with a large stick burner. I have been waiting to try this on our stick burner at Baby Back Blues BBQ. I will report back once I have cook it. Tom

• Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    stike,
    good for that smoked ruffage thang

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    BajaTom,
    reminds me of a story.[p]a young bride is cooking her first dinner at home with her new husband. she takes the roast beef, cuts off the smaller end, and puts it in the pan.[p]her husband asks "why do you cut the end off?" and she says "i don't know, but my mom always did it that way."[p]so she calls mom. "how come you always cut the small end off the roast?" and mom replies, "well, because my roasting pan was too small."[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Steeler Fan,
    I think what you are looking for is the recipe off of the Hellmans Mayo jar.
    4 boneless chicken breasts
    1/2 cup mayo
    1/4 cup parmasean cheese[p]Mix mayo and parmasean
    Dip chicken in mixture and rub and coat to cover
    Dip in bread crumbs[p]Cook indirect at 425 on raised grid and cook 10 minutes
    Flip over and cook for another 10 minutes or till done.[p]

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    darnoc,
    ever try this recipe on corn? lots of people i know think it is to die for. [p]just grill your corn on the cob until your desired doneness. coat it with some mayo instead of butter. sprinkle copious amounts of freshly grated parmesan cheese. some kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. hmmm-hmmm-hmmm!

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    markkal123,
    Sounds like a good idea.Will give it a try this weekend.

• Chrispy Bob
    Options
    Steeler Fan,
    This is one I have used for years.....came from Liptons:[p] CRISPY GARLIC CHICKEN

1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
    1/3 cup Hellmann's® (I use lite)
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-3/4 lbs.)
    2 Tbsp. plain dry bread crumbs[p]1. Preheat oven to 400°. In medium bowl, combine Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix, Mayonnaise and cheese; set aside.[p]2. On baking sheet, arrange chicken. Evenly top chicken with soup mixture, then evenly sprinkle with bread crumbs.[p]3. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.[p]I just cook in the egg with an indirect setup.[p]CB