Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini egg

edited 2:54AM in EggHead Forum
Hi Mini egg owners. I am thinking of getting a mimi for camping, is it worth it and can it get to high temps for T-REXing for steaks

Comments

• Chef ArnoldiChef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    yes, its a great unit to take along and will grill 4 burgers, 6 large hot dogs, indirectly a small chicken, sear 2 steaks in no time (30 min diners)

i love mine
  • Mike C.,
    I dont have one but yes you can get the high temps, I have read many post by others that use the Mini to trex steaks.

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Mike C.,
    I'm lucky enough to have one. Yes the mini is a great steak searing machine, super griller for chicken, pork, beef that needs a quick cook. Grills enough for two persons, in stages more. Also, its my favorite for baked 'taders (three big ones at a time).
    Clay

• Love HandlesLove Handles Posts: 253
    Mike C.,
    I have a mini and a small, along with some larges too, but thats another issue. If you are motorhome or suv camping, a small works great and isn't to heavy. Theres a lot of accessories for the small and its better for longer cooks. If not, the mini is great too. It is a grilling machine for chops, burger, steaks or whatever, just remember its only about as big around as a paper plate. See-Yaa

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,939
    Mike C.,[p]Having both also...I'd still echo what LoveHandles said![p]I think the Small is the way to go...simply[p]because of it's bigger size, and versatility![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • RJHRJH Posts: 128
    MiniTRex2-1.jpg
    <p />Mike C., yes you can. It is small, but it works great.[p]MiniTRex3-1.jpg